All emergency services are based upon availability of funds, income eligibility, and program requirements.
Some services are available to Trinity County residents only.
- Emergency & transitional housing
- Rent/Eviction prevention assistance: Rent assistance and Eviction prevention programs are available from several grant sources; therefore funds are not always available for these programs. To be eligible for services under this program a client must meet income guidelines, have an eviction notice, and present photo identification. Clients must be able to demonstrate the ability to continue rental obligation.
- Homeless Assistance: Motel vouchers are based upon availability of funds and individuals must meet income eligibility.
CA Life Line Application Instructions
- Transportation vouchers: Fuel vouchers and Transit passes may be issued for verifiable medical appointments and/or verifiable social service appointments. Human Response Network does not provide drivers.
- Prescription assistance: At this time prescrption assistance is only available for prescriptions filled through Hayfork Pharmacy.
If you don't have prescription coverage and can't afford your medicines, call 1-888-4PPA-NOW or visit Partnership for Prescription Assistance
to see if your medicines are covered. You could get them FREE or NEARLY FREE!
Solid Rock Christian Fellowship (call for appointment 530-628-4354)
Fresh Start Food Bank, 130 Texas Avenue, Lewiston Community Center, 530-778-0239
Mondays 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Southern Trinity Health Services, 321 Van Duzen Road, 707-574-6616 ext. 0
First Wednesday of the month
Trinity Congregational Church Food Cupboard, 735 Main Street, Parish Hall, 530-623-3101
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Solid Rock Christian Fellowship, Hayfork, contact Rob 530-628-5518
Open every Monday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Hyampom Community Hall, contact Pat M. 530-628-4533
Open every Tuesday 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Douglas City Fire Station Hall, contact Carol A. 530-623-3927
Open every Tuesday 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
(Second hand clothing and canned goods also available)
U.S.D.A. Food Commodities Distribution Schedule
Community Church, first Thursday of the month 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Douglas City Fire Hall, first Tuesday (following first Monday of the month) 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Hawkins Bar Community Hall, first Monday of the month 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Trinity County Fairgrounds, first Tuesday of the month 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Hyampom Community Center, first Tuesday of the month 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Grange Hall, first Monday of the month 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Community Hall, first Monday of the month 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Southern Trinity Health Services, first Wednesday (following the first Tuesday of the month) 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Ruth Community Hall, first Wednesday (following the first Tuesday of the month) 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Behind Veterans Hall at Food Bank Warehouse, first Monday of the month 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Volunteer Fire Station, first Tuesday of the month 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Senior Lunch Programs
Hot lunches for senior citizens age 60+ (one spouse must meet age criteria)
Hayfork - Roderick Senior Center, 530-628-4692
$5 donation for ages 60+, $7 for all others. Home delivery available for an additional $0.50. Serving at 12:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. For seniors 60+, Roderick Center will provide transportation to local appointments only.
Weaverville - Golden Age Center, 530-623-2324
$5 donations for ages 60+ or handicapped, $6 for all others. Home delivery provided to confined seniors. Serving at 12:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Free or low cost garden plots are available to grow your own vegetables in Weaverville at Lowden Park. Northwest CA R.C. & D. Council 530-623-2009 ext. 3
Nutrition education and food vouchers for pregnant and breast-feeding women and children under age 5 who meet income qualifications. To make an appointment please call the Weaverville Office 530-623-3238 or 1-800-851-5658 ext. 6